Thursday, December 27, 2012

Making Strawberry Santas!

I saw this cute idea on Pinterest for Strawberry Santas.  When our preacher's wife brought me the same recipe, I knew we had to make them!  

Strawberry Santas
(from www.justapinch.com)
1 lb. large strawberries
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
3-4 T. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Rinse strawberries and cut around the top of the strawberry.  Remove the top, enough for a hat.  You can hollow the strawberry out a bit if you want.

Mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar (next time I will add a little more), and vanilla until creamy.  Add the cream cheese mix to a piping bag or Ziploc bag with a corner snipped off.  Fill the strawberries with cheesecake mixture, then top with the "hats".  Add mini chocolate chips, chocolate sprinkles, or sesame seeds for the eyes.  Use the cream cheese mixture to decorate the top of the hat and for little buttons.  Refrigerate until serving.












Dec. 19, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment