Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Making Homemade Granola!

I have been having fun finding recipes on Pinterest for homemade gluten-free granola!  Granola is easy to make, and there are so many ways you can vary a recipe with different dried fruits and nuts! 
The first granola we made was Vanilla Almond Granola!  I used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats.  It was a hit!
(recipe from mygluten-freekitchen.com) 
Next we tried Honey-Pecan Granola!
(recipe from marthastewart.com)
It was great too, but it almost had too many pecans… or is that possible? Ha!  I want to try a combination of pecans and sliced almonds next time.  We left out the salt and it was fine.

 Elli tasting the honey… She liked it!
I think Elli could be a Cooking Channel child host, don't you?
Spreading out the granola on parchment paper to bake.
 Play while granola is baking.  :)


The granola is ready!  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment