Thursday, March 20, 2014

Mom's "Red Hat Society" Birthday Party!

We had a "Red Hat Society" theme for my mom's birthday party a couple weeks ago!  As I was looking up ideas for a "Red Hat" party, I found this little song...

Red Hat Society

(To be sung to tune of "My Favorite Things")

Red shoes and purses and boas with feathers
 Purple ensembles to wear in all weathers 
Earrings that sparkle and big diamond rings
These are a few of my favorite things!
 by Barbara Lukas

 I made the cake to look like a red and white crocheted hat!  I made two gluten-free chocolate cake mixes and divided the batter between a 2 1/2 quart Pyrex bowl and a mini muffin pan.  (The last time I made a cake in a Pyrex bowl was for Kaitlyn's Barbie cake!)

After flipping the cake onto the platter, it didn't lay flat so I tucked mini muffins under the edge to make a scalloped crocheted edge to the hat!  Red icing made the hat ribbon that tied into a "bow" and also created the crocheted effect.  I added white sugar pearl sprinkles to look like little beads.
Elli wearing her "purple" for Grandma's "Red Hat" party!
Red hat ladies drinking tea and playing Bingo… then later playing Apples to Apples.
My sister had pretty "Red Hat" party decorations!
We missed having Brady there.  He was on a Scout trip.
 In the "Red Hat Society", you are supposed to only wear a "red" hat if you are 50 or older, but we broke the rules a little…  :)  Elli, however, did wear the under-50 "pink" hat.  ;)
 Pretty party princess.

 When is it time for cake and ice cream?
 A Princess does not plank… haha!
New iPad Air!
 New clothes!
 Flowers and gifts!
 Cousins!
Sisters!
Singing "Happy Birthday" in English and Chinese!  Make a wish!!
Elli asked Grandma, "What did you wish for?" Grandma said, "It wouldn't come true if I told you!"  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment